Friday, December 5, 2008

Nunny Names

Today I was trying to find out if nuns have last names. I thought maybe, since they are married to God and often change their first names or add to them, they might not have last names. Based on the number of blogging nuns out there with last names...well, that answered my question. Yes, yes they do keep their last names.

Despite my deplorable religious ignorance, I kind of have to respect Catholicism. I like all the rituals. I also have this (completely unfounded, non-scientific) impression that Catholics don't take themselves as seriously as Protestants. Most likely this is not true (for example, I am 99% sure the Pope takes his faith more seriously than my New Apostolic mother-in-law. Also, recall chocolate Jesus Controversy, 1.0 and get the most recent version here). However, one sister bolsters my irrational claim. Her name is Helena Burns. Guess what she calls her blog? Yeah, that's right HELL BURNS.

It's funny because it's true!

Moral of this story: If your last name is Burns, do not give your offspring a name which can be shortened to "Hell." (Or, for that matter, any object that can be set aflame)

5 comments:

Sr. Helena Burns, fsp said...

ha! thanks for the mention! i never realized that my name was hell burns until i got one of those computer generated snail mails where they only had a space for 3 letters for the first name. yeesh. names are quite funny. we are a family of 4. my dad named me after my mum, and my mum named my brother after my dad, so we are helena, helena, ralph, ralph. ha ha ha.

etechnocraft said...

Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!! these tips may help me for future.
Chatville
Youtube.com/Activate
Groovy Bot In Discord
Fast People Search
Sportsurge

Anonymous said...

Evaporator Replacement Tax Credit - Free Boiler Grants

In the event that you as of now get Working evaporator substitution tax break or other qualifying benefits then you will be in line for a Free Boiler Grant which may work with your supplanting your old wasteful and costly heater. The ECO plot helps householders who get Working Tax Credits, and it is substitution Universal Credit, to supply subsidizing for a substitution heater inside the home.

Mortgage holders and individual inhabitants might be qualified for subsidizing under the Government-upheld plot which gives heater financing to those in receipt of 1 of the passing advantages, including Working kettle substitution tax reduction. In the event that this is appropriate to you or somebody who for all time lives in your family you will get help to initiate a novel evaporator which can assist with diminishing your energy charges essentially.
Ark Insulation

Toney Wix said...

Thank you for another magnificent article. The place else may just anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect means of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I’m at the search for such info.

malayalam quotes
love quotes malayalam
sad quotes malayalam
motivational quotes in malayalam
friendship quotes malayalam

Anonymous said...

Recruitment agencies collaborate with government policies aimed at protecting migrant workers.